Thursday, June 2, 2011

Secret Life’s Tragic Season Finale: Scoop From Francia Raisa and Ken Baumann


WARNING: Major Spoilers About the Secret Life Season 3 Finale Lie Ahead!

The Secret Life of the American Teenager’s cutest on-screen couple,Kenny Baumann and Francia Raisa, recently chatted with media outlets about what’s coming up for Adrian and Ben in the Season 3 finale of Secret Life! Better bust out the tissues, because from what these two have to say things are about to get real tragic, real fast.

Believe us, you don’t want to skip this revealing interview! MEGA, HUMONGOUS SPOILER ALERT!!!
Can you talk about how the loss of Adrian’s baby affects your characters.

Francia Raisa: Sure. Adrian was really just all about having this baby. Her whole life revolved around it right now. She’s had a baby shower, she is getting married, she is starting a new life, and then for all that to be just be crashing down ... I mean, there’s no baby now, so, it really affects her. It affected me as well to shoot the episode. It’s something that I’d hope never to witness again.

Ken Baumann: It was rough. It’s a material that as actors we feel very lucky to take on because it is such a challenge, and represents an experience that you don’t often see on TV.  So you feel lucky to be able to portray that, and give those people, who had the unfortunate experience, give them some representation, make them feel like they’re thought of, too. But at the same time, it takes an emotional toll on you. You’ve been just living in that situation for a short amount of time, it’s rough, it’s terrible. Nobody wants that to happen. So, yes, it was both strenuous and really pretty incredible opportunity. Ben was devastated as anyone would be, and he’s going to have to struggle for quite a long time to recover.
What was your reaction when you found out that they were making your character pregnant and then finding out that the baby wouldn’t survive?
Francia:When I first found out she was pregnant, I was shocked but I was so excited. I was like, “Yay! I get to wear a belly!” I could not wait to put on that stomach. I kept asking when am I going to do it, when is it finally coming. I was very excited, and then when I found out she lost it; I love kids and I was so excited to finally work with a baby and playing with the kids because I always play with Matthew and Joey who played John on the show. I’m always with him when they’re on the set. So I was a little upset and devastated when I found out that there was going to be no baby, but at the same time I was very excited to be able to play this role because it’s probably one of the toughest roles I’ve done since I started acting. So, I appreciated the challenge that the writers gave me, and I can’t believe they trust me to take on such tough material. So in that sense, I was very excited.
How did they tell you?

Francia: I found out when I read the script. They were very good about not telling us. You know, they kept hinting it ... I read the script, and then I was, “Oh, my gosh.”  I just started crying when I read it because I had been carrying this, you know it’s fake, but I’ve been seeing myself with a pregnant belly for, I don’t know how many months, and then all of a  sudden it’s gone, and there’s no result coming from it.
How does the loss of the baby affect the dynamic between Adrian and Ben, Amy and Ricky?

Ken: It’s a pretty tricky situation, but I would say that it both kind of settles any disputes or conflicts they have just temporarily because everyone kind of bonds together in grief, paradoxically enough. But at the same time, once Adrian and Ben are trying to recover, it gets pretty nasty. And naturally, you’re going to have two people who are stricken by grief, and they’re going to look to make themselves feel better, and that may involve trying to reach back into the past, and go back to how it was once was, and reignite old loves and all that stuff. So, it gets even more convoluted, but temporarily, like I said, everybody comes together in this tragic event, which is very, very painful and bittersweet.
Will Adrian would want to actually be friends with Amy still after losing the baby?

Francia: I think Adrian and Amy will always and forever be frenemies. They’re each going to be jealous of something that the other has and I think after losing the baby, Adrian might be a little bitter about the fact that Amy actually received a baby after going through a pregnancy for nine months. I know that Amy is going to do her best to be there for her and try to console her in the best way she can. But like I said, forever will be frenemies because at the end of the day, Adrian stole her man and Amy stole Adrian’s man.
Do you think that Ben will go back to try to win Amy back seeing the fact that he loved her first?
Ken: I think that desire is going to show up in these upcoming episodes. Again, when I first read the script, the script for June 6th, I thought, I started to think what possibly would be Ben’s future, and I had guessed that that would occur. It pops up in a really interesting ways. In the following episodes, he is stuck in the situation and he is kind of brought down by grief, too, so there’s nothing; he doesn’t really have any sort of impetus to move away from Adrian. He realizes, too, that, at least immediately after they lose baby that, he’s not going anywhere. He’s got to be responsible, and he really doesn’t have the energy to do anything else.  But after that, once he starts to recover, yes, there’s certainly that draw, like I said, to go back and kind of relive the past or try to and fail.
Round12-35219280
Photo Credit: ABC Family
Can you share anything you did special to prepare for such an emotional episode?

Francia: Yes, I didn’t know what to do. I was trying to listen to some really depressing music, and the best thing that I could have done is I went on YouTube and I typed in stillbirth and there was a few videos that popped up, and there was one in particular, I think it’s the first one that comes up when you research it, and it’s about a couple who actually went through what my character goes through. You see the woman pregnant and how happy they are and the whole process of waiting for her to be born, and then you see them hold their dead child and you see her in a coffin and you see pictures of her, and you just see the whole family just crying and grieving. So, yes, that sold me, and that’s how I prepared for it, and the song that they added in the video I had on my iPod and I just listened to it over and over again. The flashbacks of that baby just sticks and came back into my head every time they called action.
Francia, let me ask you, Adrian’s realization that she has very few friends has really fueled the last few episodes, and then we saw the end of the baby shower episode that more people than she realized are actually in her life, and I was wondering with everything that’s going on, does Adrian start to foster these friendships, or do they not really affect her, and she just goes back to be more of a loner?

Francia: Yes. Adrian was carrying the baby for nine months and she really felt emotionally attached to it. Like I said, her whole personality and her whole character changed into this welcoming person, and she felt blessed that everything was coming together in her life: her family; her friendships; educations; and then it all just came crashing down. So she becomes very angry and bitter, and she just wants to be left alone, and handle her own sorrows. Even if people try to come and try to be there for her, she just wants to be left alone. She just becomes, I guess, some sort of a loner again, and doesn’t really want to accept anyone because all she wants to do is grieve about her baby.
On more of a lighter note, I know that you had to wear pregnancy padding throughout Adrian’s pregnancy. What was that like and do you miss it at all?

Francia: Yes and no. I had a lot of fun wearing it. You know, every girls’ dream is to picture what she would look like pregnant. You know, want to wear something like that every now and then. So, I had fun. It was just like a pillow. It became hot sometimes, so that’s when I hated it, and sometimes it’d be a little too tight, but other than that, it really didn’t bother me. I enjoyed speaking like I was a pregnant woman. I’d be out in the streets and talking about how it was, “six weeks along”, “I’m six months pregnant”. People looked at me like, you’re crazy, you’re not even pregnant. And I would start holding my belly like it was really scratchy, because I would see woman scratch it because it was itchy. So I had fun with it. I was just acting like I was really pregnant and having a little fantasy of my own.

Ex-Flame Shengo Deane Is Happy About

 Kim Kardashian’s Engagement

41176pcn_kardashians05
Photo Credit: Josephine Santos, PacificCoastNews.com
Photo: Back in June, the paparazzi was baffled by Kim's new mystery man. Season 5 of KUWTK revealed him to be Kim's hot Aussie bodyguard, whom Kim kissed — before deciding to keep things strictly professional. Of course, the pair met up in NYC on October 25, 2010, during Kim's busy week of dates.
Oh, who could forgetShengo Deane, Kim Kardashian’s dreamy Australian bodyguard and one-time fling? Not us, that’s for sure.

The adorable Aussie — who we watched hook up with Kim onKourtney and Kim Take New York before leaving her teary-eyed when he returned to Australia for work — is opening up about his relationship with the celebutante, and says he wishes her and her new $2 million engagement ring fiance Kris Humphries well.

“I'm really happy for her," Deane toldConfidential. "Kim is such a sweet, nice person — she really deserves to be happy."

But just because things didn’t work out romantically between them doesn’t mean the duo doesn’t keep in touch. In fact, Deane says they speak regularly, and he’s even been hitting Kim up for some business advice. Deane’s dream? To create a behind-the-scenes type show about Hollywood bodyguards.

"She's a business woman, she knows exactly what she's doing and we've spoken a bit about it — she's keen," he said.

(By the by, if all the bodyguards in Hollywood look anything like Shengo, we’re so behind this!)

But while he’s willing to share the secrets of his profession, he’s not so down to dish on his private life. Despite women’s magazines “throwing” money at him to get him to spill about his fling with Kim, Deane says that’s something he “wouldn’t do.”

Did we mention he’s still single? Maybe it’s a good thing Kim didn’t pick him — more chance for us!

Source: The Telegraph

Schmancy Showdown! Blake vs. Leighton: Which Gossip

 Girl Has the Hotter Commercial?

Blake-vs-leighton-ads-36156960
Photo Credit: Karl Lagerfeld/Courtesy of Chanel; Jean Catuffe/PacificCoastNews
Photo: 
Blake for Chanel Mademoiselle handbags; Leighton shoots ad for Vera Wang's "Lovestruck."
Co-stars Leighton Meester (Blair) and Blake Lively (Serena) have come a long way from their Gossip Girl beginnings. Namely, both have become designer darlings, rocking the most glamorous (and sometimes audacious) looks on the red carpet.

This year, they’ve lent their faces to two of the most recognized names in fashion — Blake to Chanel, and Leighton to Vera Wang. Blake’s Chanel commercial was released a few weeks back, while Leighton’s Vera Wang commercial hit the Interwebs yesterday.

While Blake and Chanel’s artsy collabo is undoubtedly lovely, Leighton and Vera Wang’s rock-backed, damsel-in-distress scenario is a little more fun — not to mention they’ve thrown a leather jacket-clad Romeo into the mix (though the chemistry is nowhere near the Blair-Chuck variety).

Both ads are chic, but what do YOU think? Who had the hotter commercial?
Video: 
Blake looks seductively into the camera while soft music plays in the background, making us all want to empty out our bank accounts for a single Chanel bag. OK, not really, but it's kinda perdy.
Video: 
It's been months since we first spotted Leighton on set filming the commercial for Vera Wang's frangrance "Lovestruck." And we are lovestruck by the gorgeous Gossip Girl 

How Much Money Does Shailene Woodley Make?

101677611_getty
Photo Credit: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
Photo: 
June 6, 2010: Shailene sported an oh-so-trendy side braid and warm Hollywood glow at the 2010 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles.
Have you ever wondered how much dough Shailene Woodley makes for playing Amy Juergens on The Secret Life of the American Teenager?

Shai earns a pretty penny, raking in a reported $40,000 dollars per episode! Secret Life has about 25 episodes per season, so that means Shai pockets a cool mil every year!

That might seem like a crazy amount of money, but believe it on not, Shai’s at the low end of the celeb salary spectrum. Before he went cuckoo bananas, Charlie Sheen earned 1.25 million per episode of Two and a Half Men (aka The Worst Show Ever)! If that’s how much Mr. Sheen makes, clearly Shai is underpaid.

Source: TV Guide
Sneak Peek: Kris Humphries Prepares to Propose in the Season 6 Keeping Up With the Kardashians Trailer
So. Much. Drama. Season 6 of Keeping Up With the Kardashians launches with laughs, fights, and a surprise proposal! Watch as Kris Jenner contemplates changing her last name back to Kardashian, Kourtney feels the pressure to marry Scott, and Rob calls big sis Kim a "whore."


Video Credit: Youtube

Spoiler Alert! Who Does Grace Turn to for Relationship

 Advice?

Isn’t Grace and Grant’s relationship the cuteness? They make out in front of their parents, play chess late into the night (sexy checkmate!), and even have adorable pet names for each other! Well bad news, Secret Lifers: There’s trouble in paradise.

Next season, Grace and Grant have major relationship issues, and Grace needs advice! So who does she turn to? Her hunky ex boyfriend, Jack!

Well, we all know where this is going. Raise your hand if you think Grace and Jack are gonna hit the sack.

Thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment